Hospitality Terms & Conditions - Buyer hospitality Regulations
COVID-19 safe events
Hospitality Terms & Conditions
1) EMI - Eureka MICE International Ltd (as defined herein below Eureka MICE International) is delighted to host in its in-person Workshops Events Promoters and Organizers who adhere to the requirements below and have expressly requested to take part in the event, in order to evaluate solutions for their events proposed by qualified representatives of selected destinations, locations and agencies.
2) By submitting his profile, the applicant is agreeing to the Buyer Hospitality Terms and Conditions as set out below.
3) Free hospitality is given to 1 delegate per Company according to the terms indicated below and it is referred to: transfers from/to the airport where the event is due to take place, accommodation during the event dates, lunches, dinners, meetings, fam trips, activities as per program.
Any extra cost will be charged at the Buyer’s expense.
4) It is responsibility of each hosted buyer to ensure that he can travel on the dates he has selected and that he has the necessary and valid travel documentation: passport, visas if applicable.
All attendee must provide certificate of vaccination, EU digital COVID Certificate or a negative PCR Test for Covid-19 not older than 48 hours on arrival.
Application and cancellation policy
5) Acceptance of the application will be confirmed by email by Buyers Office. Eureka MICE International reserves the right to decline any application without reason, although the eventual denial would normally communicate by the Buyers Office directly to the applicant.
6) As a participating buyer, applicant agrees to undertake his provided set of Supplier meetings.
Eventual departure from the published schedule will require the prior consent of Eureka MICE International. Unilateral decisions or non/participation in Supplier meetings at any time prior or during the event may result in cancellation of his participation
7) If an Hosted Buyer attends an event, such cancellations may also entail financial implications for which he would be held responsible. He will be liable to pay the cancellation fee of 500 Euros. The only exception to this will be if he can find a suitable replacement or attend his meetings, subject to Eureka MICE International's approval. It is advisable to purchase travel insurance against cancellation for unforeseen circumstances.
9) Event format & content: when available, the format and content of the events will be displayed on the website.
10) Eureka MICE International reserves the right to make changes to the event format and content. Should the event format change Hosted Buyers attendance will remain unchanged and they will still be committed to attend all their meetings.
11) Eureka MICE International is not responsabile for any inconvenience caused by changes, suspensions, reschedule or cancellation of trips by flight or rail carrier. Eureka MICE International is not responsible for any loss of baggage.
12) Eureka MICE International is not responsible for the acts which caused the damage for the following reasons:
- the act or the fault are attributable to the Hosted Buyer;
- the act or the fault are attributable to third parties connected or not connected to the services provided to the Buyer or they are unforeseeable or inevitable:
- the act or the fault are attributable to natural disasters or acts of God out of Eureka MICE International’s control including (but not limited to): acts of war, revolts, riots, inevitable technical problems connected to transport, airports, terrorist acts, natural or nuclear disasters, fires, pandemic, infections, diseases, sanitary emergency or adverse weather conditions, unforeseeable events.
N.B.: Each Buyer is responsible for his/her own safety and for caring about personal objects. A suitable insurance policy is recommended.
13) Unforeseeable events: Eureka MICE International and its consultants/partners are not responsible for any damage due to cancellation, postponement or shortening, in toto or in part, of the event owing to reasons not dependant on their control. At the same time Eureka MICE International and its consultants/partners are not responsible for loss, damage or delay due to acts of war, thefts, plundering, acts of terrorism, civil disorders, strikes, military activities, pandemic, sanitary emergency or other circumstances in which it should be impossible to Eureka MICE International to guarantee the event in the scheduled period and location.
14) Eureka MICE International reserves the right to change the scheduling of the event.
15)Eureka MICE International cannot be responsible for any dispute with the hosting Country, its sponsors or other bodies related to any aspect of the event capable to cause damage to the Hosted Buyer.
16) By filling in Buyer Profile applicants agree to allow Eureka MICE International to electronically retain the business data, contact details & personal information within its database, as well as publishing the company profile on the digital catalogue. The contact details will be shared only with the suppliers have a pre-scheduled meeting during the event.
17) The Hosted Buyer gives Eureka MICE International the consent to publish photos/videos of him/herself taken during the event.
The court of Malta shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes relating to the terms and conditions mentioned above.
N.B.: This document is an integral part of the application form for the event selected. A signed Application form sent by the Buyer means total acceptance of all clauses quoted in this document. The Hosted Buyer also accept to receive communication such as newsletter from Eureka MICE and its partners.
Buyer hospitality regulations
1) Free hospitality as Hosted Buyer at the event is offered to Professional Players representing the Demand (MICE agency, Incentive Houses, Tour Operators, Travel Designers, Communication Agencies, Wedding Planners, Outgoing Agencies) who are decision makers with authority over their company’s event portfolio, are planning a specific event programming, and are interested in Mediterranean and other represented destinations, for which reason they are interested to take part in the event.
2) Event organizers who, possessing the necessary requirements as indicated in point 1, wish to ask for free participation as Hosted Buyer have to duly fill in the Application Form in every part (at the risk of the document not being accepted).
Compilation of the Application Form does not guarantee automatic acceptance.
The Application Form will be submitted to the Organizing Secretariat, which will select among the requests according to the following criteria:
a.1) Features of the planning activity that is the subject of the request of participation in the Workshop, that must fulfil the minimum requirements as indicated.
a.2) Place availability.
a.3) “Matching”: correspondence between the technical features of programmed events (as proposed by the Buyer) and feature offerings of Suppliers taking part in the event.
a.4) Rotation criteria.
3) Specifically, the hospitality of Buyers is regulated as follows.
a) Hotel accommodation in B/B basis in double used as single room for the scheduled nights.
b) Participation in the scheduled official evenings, dinners, working-lunches, transfers, excursions and any sightseeing.
4) Hosted Buyers are required to pay all expenses which are not expressly indicated and in particular:
a) extras and any personal expenses
b) any upgrade concerning hotel room
c) any extension of stay
d) travel costs and insurance and health insurance
e) extra expenses have to be paid before departure
5) The granting of free hospitality to the Buyer is offered only in accordance with the following conditions:
a) respect the meetings scheduled in agenda with Suppliers as assigned by the Organizing Secretariat
b) prohibition to modify the schedule of meetings by anticipating or postponing them at all.
c) on-time participation in:
a.4) B2B Meetings as assigned by the Organizing Secretariat;
b.4) Presentations of the Suppliers, expressly organized and assigned on the basis of the indications provided by the Buyer in the profiling phase.
c.4) Transfers and events as indicated in the program
c.5) Attendance at digital activities
6) It is strictly prohibited during the entire period of stay (from arrival to departure) to meet / receive non-accredited operators at the event, participate in third-party programs or initiatives (such as site inspections) not included in the program of the event for which Buyer are hosted.
7) The lack of compliance with even a single condition referred to in the previous point determines the immediate forfeiture of the status of "Guest" and consequently commits the Buyer to the payment of the participation fee of € 500.00 and any additional product accessory cost at the bottom of the list, which will be simultaneously withheld from the credit card as a guarantee.
8) Credit card details will be required to the Hosted Buyer as guarantee for hotel accommodation and on site services.
9) A security deposit of 500.00 euro will be charged, to be unlocked at the end of the workshop.
10)Credit card details are mandatory for registration.
11) Penalty fees will be applied as follows:
a) In case of cancellation of participation or no-show the Hosted Buyer will not be reimbursed for the flight ticket and any other travel costs
b) In case of cancellation 8 days before the beginning of the event, the Buyer will be charged for Hotel accommodation
c) If Hosted Buyer fails to attend all or part of scheduled appointments, presentations or social events, he will have to pay the Hotel accommodation and all the services scheduled according to the program.
d) The above mentioned fees will be charged on the credit card provided by the Hosted Buyer once the confirmation of participation is received.
12) Hospitality is given, as specified below, for the number of days required for the undertaking of programmed appointments:
For Promoters and Organizers adhering to the requirements below, hotel accommodation will be provided for one or more nights in relation to their scheduled program of appointments. Hospitality includes:
Workshop attendance, organizational support for appointments, customized documentation, reserved access to the Workshop website, assistance of Eureka MICE International staff, working lunch, buvette.
1) Hotel accommodation in the best 4 or 5 star Hotels in the host destination, in B&B.
2) All lunches and dinners, official events, visits and excursions as scheduled by the general program within the period of stay.
3) Shuttles and transfers according to the program
COVID-19 SAFE EVENTS
Eureka MICE International are committed to keeping his guests safe at all its events, strictly comply with the containment measures set by Governments where the events take place.
Here’s what guests need to know about the safety measures Eureka MICE International are taking in 2021 and beyond:
To attend the event in-person all attendees, including local partners, will be required valid EU Digital COVID Certificate. Alternative a negative PCR Covid-19 test not older than 48 hours on event (at their own cost) will be required to access the event. However, at arrival, the attendee will be asked to undergo an antigene test onsite.
These requirements can change at short notice due to continuously reviewed and updated prescriptions of national or international Health Authorities.
If Covid test result is positive before departure affected attendees will be given the opportunity to attend their meetings virtually through digital platform Inspiration.
Onsite, due to pandemic time, Eureka MICE International recommends to respect social distancing within the safe limits, avoid shaking hands, the use of face coverings, and all necessary containing measures as required.
At Eureka MICE International’s in -person events, attendees can expect to find additional hand-washing and sanitizing stations, including at any entrances, catering areas and within toilet facilities. The Organization will also be working closely with its event partners to make sure effective hygiene and cleanliness is maintained at all times, with enhanced focus on high-touch areas, such as door handles, elevators, restrooms and food & beverage stations.